Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm having trouble with my gas needle and traction control button.?

I have a 1997 Oldsmobile 88 LS.





Starting off with my gas needle. Ever since I bought this car I never realized that the gas needle in the dash was broken (giving me false readings). One time when I was riding down the street the car just stop on me, the engine shuts off, and the steering wheel started to lock. The car did not alert me (the low gas signal did not even flash). The crazy thing was that the needle says that I have a full tank of gas. But really it was empty like a dried up desert. After putting in 5 gallons of gas the car started again. This time the needle goes down to half a tank. Once I start driving, it moves again to a quarter tank, once I got home it was pointing to full tank. Does any of you knows whats going on. No body else seems to knows whats the problem. Money would not be an issue, I need to get this thing fixed. I'm getting sick and tired of this car shutting off on me because the gas ran out, especially while I'm riding on the damn expressway.(I some times forget to add gas). Its also my first car, I have three other cars, I just want to keep it as history. A very good car too.





About the traction control, every time I press the button the Traction control light do not come on the dash board, how do I know if it even work without coming on? Does any of you have any suggestions on what I'm supposed to do with that type of problem. Thank you for any help received.I'm having trouble with my gas needle and traction control button.?
I say the sender in the tank is bad, and the light may be shotI'm having trouble with my gas needle and traction control button.?
as for gas problem look like sending unit about to die


as for over drive check burnt fuse broken wire or disconnected wire on transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment