Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is there anything I can do about my remote control's buttons?

The problem with my remote is the same thing that I think happens to most remotes. After a while, the buttons don't respond as well as they used to. I have to press hard on them for them to work. In the beginning, the buttons were very responsive and a light press was all it took for them to work. Now, because I've been pressing them so hard after all this time, I have to practically mash them down for them to work. Is there a way to fix this? I'll even open up the remote if I have to. And please, no smarta** answers like, ';Get another remote';.Is there anything I can do about my remote control's buttons?
You could try ';air in a can';. Maybe the buttons are just full of crap so they stick. I like the 3M Dust Remover, plus, if you have small children or brain dead friends around who like to inhale this stuff... it ';Contains a bittering agent to help discourage inhalant abuse.';


It comes in a purple can and it's sitting on my desk right now.


I'd discourage you from actually taking the remote apart because whenever I do that it seems like things never work right again.


P.S. Don't turn the can upside down because you can freeze things! Like water in a bottle or your leaves on a plant. LOL!Is there anything I can do about my remote control's buttons?
';Get another remote';





Open it and degrease the contacts.
  • skin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment