Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How can I access Control Panel only using task manager? THE START BUTTON DOES NOT WORK.?

Hi, My computer had a system restore malfunction but i can pretty much do everything with the Task Manager EXCEPT access Control panel. More specifically I would like to access the sound card and volume controls. Please note that I can ONLY use Task Manager, Thanks for your replies.How can I access Control Panel only using task manager? THE START BUTTON DOES NOT WORK.?
You can access it by using the windows logo on you keyboard, however you really should fix the start button. to do that, insert your recovery disk and repair the OSHow can I access Control Panel only using task manager? THE START BUTTON DOES NOT WORK.?
Press the Windows key!





It should look something like this:





聬聬


聬聬
If you have a shortcut key to Windows Explorer, either on your toolbar or on your desktop, then you can acces the Control Panel through there.





Or you should be able to, depending on what system your running





It should be in ';My Computer';. I'm on windows 98 ( I know.. in the dark ages) and i have a link to it.





Hope this helps
u can access it from ur keyboard it a little button with a flag thing on it it represents windows, mine is 2nd from bottom left urs should be the same, it automatically brings up start menu
Go to My Computer %26gt; HDD Drive C %26gt; Windows %26gt; System32 and scroll down until you find a Icon called Control. Click on this and Control Panel will show.
1) one way if u can do is to use the windows button on the key board ,u'll identify it by the logo of window.hitting the key 'll open start menu.





2)use ur tab key when u see a dotted border line around the start button hit the button on the right hand side between the windows %26amp; ctrl (it looks like a list pointd by a pointer)


a menu w'll popup select explore all users a window'll open u'll find control panel in it.





3) close all applications press tab when u dont see selection lborder ne where press the button mentioned in (2).click toolbars,if my computer is inlist then select it or select new toolbar then my computer.a new toll bar w'll be launched u can eccess control panel as well as all components of ur computer
To Fix This Problem You Can Either reboot In Safe Mode Or Reinstall Your OS. I Have Also Tried Myself Accesing Start Menu With task Manager. I Dont Think Its Possible With Just Task Manager!
u can access by pressing a flag symbol i.e windows symbol

No comments:

Post a Comment