Friday, May 14, 2010

Start button not working, control panel blank, the dependency service or group failed to start?

Hello, my vista laptop (hp pavilion entertainment pc) that I was using today suddenly froze. I tried using Ctrl+Alt+Delete, but I ended up having to turn off the computer by holding the power button down. After I turned on the computer again, my laptop wouldn't connect to the internet, and when I tried clicking the network icon on my system tray, it said that ';the dependency service or group failed to start.';


I tried clicking on the start menu, but nothing happened when i clicked it. Also, when I used the start menu button on my keyboard, there was no response. Many things on my computer are either not working or appearing blank (Control panel is blank, cannot use Run, Computer comes up blank). My connection does not work either, so i tried using sfc /scannow from the command prompt as an administrator, but during the verification, it said that the Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I fixed my start menu by switching it to classic view, but I still need help on that as I don't want to keep it in classic view forever. Over the past few weeks, my computer has been freezing occasionally.


Please answer/help if you can; I greatly appreciate it :D


Thanks!Start button not working, control panel blank, the dependency service or group failed to start?
pcworld.com ask in the forum

No comments:

Post a Comment