Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The volume control buttons on my iMac keyboard won't respond, and neither does my iMac volume remote. Help?

None of the buttons on the top row of my iMac's keyboard (esc and F1-19) work anymore. The rest of the keyboard works perfectly.





My iMac volume remote doesn't work either...





Any ideas on how to fix it?The volume control buttons on my iMac keyboard won't respond, and neither does my iMac volume remote. Help?
My theory is that someone changed the function of the F keys so they're no longer supporting the special features by default.





Try holding the Fn key and then tapping one of your F keys to see if it behaves as you would have thought previously.





If it works, go in your System Preferences (Apple menu) and to the Keyboard %26amp; Mouse section. Under Keyboard, there's a ';Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys'; box that you will want to uncheck.The volume control buttons on my iMac keyboard won't respond, and neither does my iMac volume remote. Help?
It was exactly right for the problem I had. Everything now works as it did when I took it out of the box.

Report Abuse


  • skin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment